Unrivalled InnovationUrban64® Traffic & Pedestrian
SRL’s Urban64® intelligent temporary system is the first, and only, standalone temporary traffic light solution to feature permanent technology, enabling site bespoke layouts for the safe flow of vehicles, cyclists and pedestrian traffic during construction phases.
It is the only intelligent temporary system to use MOVA (Microprocessor Optimised Vehicle Actuation), a sophisticated traffic control strategy, specifically designed to maximise operational efficiency of a junction.
Urban64® can replicate preceding permanent systems but because cabling is overhead it can be implemented quickly and safely whilst permanent equipment is removed, delivering cost certainty, and promoting traffic efficiency and safety. It also means layouts can be adjusted in line with the project development.
SRL’s team support schemes from initial concept to scheme completion - offering bespoke layout designs to suit the temporary works, full installation, maintenance, 24/7 call out, decommissioning, inspections and site visits.
Urban64® is a flexible, cost effective solution which adapts aligned with your projects.
Key Features and Benefits
UTC / UTMC connectivity
For Local Authority Control via a Chameleon OTU (4G or fibre) helping to replicate the method of control and monitoring of the permanent signals.
MOVA Capability and licensed
The dynamic strategy for adapting green times for unpredictable and heavy traffic flows.
Taller posts than traditional and portable traffic lights (minimum 6.5m above the carriageway) with gives high usability and promotes safety and efficiency and is suitable for high-speed motorway junctions.
Up to 64 signals
Urban64® can incorporate up to 64 sets of traffic lights in comparison with circa 20-39 in more traditional portable solutions, making it suitable for very large projects.
Remote monitoring and control via a 4G router in every controller and remote CCTV and recording, for ease of continued safe operation and security.
Conditional phase appearance
Enabling split phase, early start, early cut-off and conditional appearance concepts to maximise the junction efficiency and flow.
Walk with traffic pedestrian
Enabling traffic and pedestrian movements to operate simultaneously where possible, providing maximum junction efficiency and safe operation.
4 Streams per controller
Enabling up to four traffic streams to be simultaneously controlled via a single master controller for superior efficiency on more complex sites.
Secure 48v cabling and data cabling
With no batteries, Urban64® avoids the risk of battery failure and battery changes, promoting low maintenance and efficient operation.
Indicative filter phases
4-in-line or 5-in-line signal options where required.
Programmable Timetable of Max Sets and Plans
Enabling changeable timings for AM peak, PM peak, Off-peak etc for optimum performance.
Enabling the use of low-level cycle signals.
- UTC / UTMC - Local Authority monitoring and control via a Chameleon OTU (4G or fibre)
- MOVA – using over-head video detection cameras for virtual loops
- Remote monitoring and control via a 4G router in every controller
- Remote CCTV and recording via 4G router
- Walk-with-traffic pedestrian facilities
- Phase delays available to optimise junction efficiency
- Programmable Timetable – for changeable timings for AM Peak, PM Peak, Off-Peak, etc.
- Up to 64 signals or phases
- 4 streams per controller
- DD CLF Plans or VA
- TrafiCam video detection or traditional MVD
- Indicative filter phases – with 4-in-line or 5-in-line signals available
- Illuminated Box Signs
- Cyclist Phases – including low-level cycle signals and cycle signal masks
- Hurry Call capabilities
- 24/7 Call Out and technical support
- Potential reduction in timescale compared to traditional Poles-In-Barrels approach
- No cabling through ducting required, all cables run over-head away from ongoing works
- No maintenance of the existing permanent signals whilst under refurbishment. All permanent infrastructure (cables, poles, signals, loops) can be removed from site
- Improved site safety as no working around live cabling at low-level
- Replication of the Method of Control of the permanent signals, or a more suitable bespoke configuration to suit the ongoing works
- Secure 48v cabling and data cabling derived from mains feed (no batteries to change)
- Ability to adjust layouts within a short time as schemes change throughout their Phases construction stages
- Day and night installation 24/7
- 6-12 operative team per site for efficient installation. Trucks, MEWP, telehandler and welfare unit included.
- Two cable technology (48 ELV and 4-core data) from the controller, in a ‘daisy-chain’ arrangement
- 700kg, 800x800mm bespoke concrete block bases are the foundation for 7m poles (larger 1000kg, 1000X1000mm bases also available if required)
- Cabling is at least 6.5m above the carriageway giving suitable clearance for all normal vehicle types 48 ELV is reduced to 12v traffic signals and detection
- No assessable cables below 2.5m height
- Traffic Signals and foundation blocks are transferred from the “build area” to each location using our telehandler
- Our MEWP is used to connect the cabling from signal to signal at 7m height in a plug-and-play format and installed to a pre-determined layout
- 4 dedicated Urban64 depots located throughout England, with localised support from the remaining 30 SRL depots located U.K. wide
- Dedicated Self sufficient teams, from design, meetings and presentations, controller configurations, installations and ongoing maintenance.
- We have the knowledge and experience to help customers from start to finish. Whether the customer is Traffic
- Management, Civils, or Local Authority, it is our job to find the best TL solution and liaise and interact with all parties
- 24/7 emergency call out
- Agreed Periodic site inspections
- Direct technical support – we are able to remotely access our controller display and CCTV on every site via a 4G router with SIM on a smartphone or computer
Typical Site Plan for Hull Site
New Town Row, Birmingham
Roger Millward Way, Hull
What Our Customers Say About Urban 64
“There’s nothing like Urban64®out there on the market. It’s the only temporary system that has intelligent technology to allow for efficient phasing of traffic and pedestrian systems. This makes junctions flow better, eases road user frustration and reduces complaints.
“Like every product in SRL’s extensive range, Urban64®is robust and user-friendly and is backed by the high levels of customer and technical support that HTM expects.”
Contracts Manager at Highway Traffic Management