Join OurDedicated Team
SRL Traffic Systems, the UK & Republic of Ireland’s leading manufacturer and supplier of mobile intelligent transport systems (ITS), are growing and looking for more talent to join the team…
Filter By Job Type:
Currently only taking internal applications for this role.
About the role:
The Depot Supervisor reports to the Regional Manager and is directly responsible for the day to day
running of their depot and region and to ensure that all the SRL company policies and procedures are
fully complied with.
Supervise all staff at their depot. Arrange working day for operatives. Maintain the depot and ensure all equipment is fully maintained and safe for use. Customer liaison. Provide customers with quotations and arrange all hires requests. Complete paperwork and ensure all hires/off hires/exchanges are entered onto our system.
Help operatives complete training and the Task Book. Day to day running of their depot. Abide by the company rules and regulations, including COSHH, Health & Safety and quality assurance.
- Full UK Driving Licence (B&E would be an advantage).
- O/CSE/GCSE English/Maths or equivalent.
- Previous role in maintenance or operation of temporary traffic systems would be desirable.
- Electrical background would be advantageous.
Key Skills & Abilities
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Ability to work to deadlines.
Key Personal Qualities
- Quick learner.
- Team Player.
- Rotational on-call cover.
- Possible travel and overnight stays to meet business needs.
SRL have the UK’s largest hire fleet of portable and temporary, traffic lights and pedestrian signals, and more recently a comprehensive range of VMS signs.
With a nationwide 30-depot network, a specialist fleet of over 150 delivery vehicles, in excess of 1400 bespoke trailers, and a highly-skilled, knowledgeable workforce, no other hire company can offer the Traffic Management industry similar support.
Health and Safety
• Ensure that all works conducted within our depots and at our customer sites are undertaken with the full regard for the safety of yourself, your colleagues, and our clients, whilst ensuring all areas are always maintained to the highest standards of housekeeping.
• Ensure that all works conducted are undertaken with the full regard for the environment, with the aim of preventing or minimising any pollution incidents.
• Follow all company health and safety procedures, whilst being alert and able to identify potential hazards to ensure these risks are either removed or the hazard minimized to an acceptable level of risk.
• Supporting a “Don’t walk by” culture by Reporting, near misses, with an aim of preventing these instances developing into a potential accident.
• Read, sign, and comply with all company toolbox talks, risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments.
• Whilst attending client’s sites, conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner.
• All client local site rules must be followed whilst working at their premises or sites.
• Responsible for building and maintaining professional working Relationships with your colleagues in all departments.
• Responsible for the safe working procedures at all times.
• Responsible for carrying out full inspection, service and repair of trailers and hire fleet.
• Responsible for completing all relevant inspection paperwork for all assets that have been worked on. Identifying fair wear and tear and customer damage.
• Responsible for planning own diary by contacting and arranging with customers to ensure equipment are available for inspection.
• Responsible for van work tools and spares stock.
• Responsible for making sure that all SRL checked equipment is fit for purpose and quarantined if not until repairs have been carried out.
• Responsible for liaising with customers both before and after visits.
• Responsible for completing all the relevant paperwork and obtaining signatures and PO’s where required prior to leaving site.
• Responsible for always working safely, wearing the correct PPE and keeping the work area neat and tidy.
• Responsible for ensuring the van spares stock usage is recorded and replenished when the minimum stock levels are reached.
• You always represent the companies’ best interests, by presenting themselves in a smart and professional manner.
• Responsible for supporting our training team in the development of yourself to ensure you can undertake the duties expected of them both safely and professionally.
• To perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
• Experience in service and repair of portable TFL’s and trailers,
• The ability to effectively influence onsite work activities.
• The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Full driving licence – No more than 6 points (Mandatory)
• Basic electrical fault finding.
• Worked within a Highways environment.
• A basic knowledge of traffic light equipment
• CSCS card holder
• Competent in driving a company van and pickups up to 3.5 Ton in size.
• Competent in the towing of a trailer with plant equipment loaded.
• GCSEs in English and Mathematics
• City and Guilds, qualification or equivalent in highways installations
• Sector 8 Accreditation, Health, and Safety qualifications, including NRSWA, G39, and
Personal Attributes / Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to react to changing demands in a professional manner.
• Resourceful, and excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to deliver an excellent customer experience both internally and externally.
• A person who takes the safety of themselves and others as their number 1 priority
• A reliable and flexible team player
• Organized, trustworthy and initiative-taking.
• Enthusiastic and collaborative approach.
The interviewing process for this role will start on the 5th of January.
The Assembly Technician plays a critical role in the manufacturing process by assembling components according to our internal specifications and quality standards.
· Perform assembly tasks based on detailed instructions. You will be assembling components using hand and power tools.
· You will inspect all parts prior to use for defects, damages or inconsistencies a head of assembly.
· You will perform your own quality check a head of final sign off to ensure the product meets internal quality and specification standards.
· You will maintain and clean your tools, equipment and work bench to ensure any breakdowns or malfunctions are avoided.
· You will accurately record assembly data (quantities, part numbers, quality notes) and record assembly notes per internal guidelines.
· You will assemble metal work, signal heads and wiring of products.
· You will pack and load products ready for dispatch.
· You will assist in the delivery of equipment to our depots and our customer locations.
· Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
· Product wiring knowledge.
· Knowledge of assembly techniques, tools, and equipment.
· Driving license.
Personal Attributes / Skills:
· A person who takes the safety of themselves and others as their number one priority
· Someone who has the ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Someone who has strong communication skills.
· Someone who is comfortable working to strict deadlines and targets.
· Someone who ideally has basic computer skills for recording and reporting data.
· Be able to build relationships and collaborate at all levels.
· Someone who is well organised and happy to learn about our fantastic product range.
£30,000 - £40,000 (Depending on Experience) + an additional payment of £5,000 for out of hours work.
Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Leicester, Coventry, Redditch, Rugby, Northampton, Milton Keynes, or Hemel Hempstead.
We are looking for an experienced commissioning engineer working for the UK's largest fleet in semi-permanent traffic systems across the country. This position is a technical role and will involve some day, night, and occasional weekend work. If you like working on varied projects and understand electrical systems and networking where no two days are the same, this role could be ideal.
Your main role would be to visit sites to check that systems have been put out correctly before signing off to the customer. With this role you need to be very organised as your day will constantly change, it does involve a lot of traveling, so a company van and fuel car will be provided. Flexibility is essential as each day is completely different from the last.
- Commissioning the installation of Traffic Control while liaising with the local authorities.
- Reviewing and testing controller configuration documents before signing off to customers.
- Assisting with signal and cable repairs as and when required if needed
- Supporting with site meetings where applicable, site inspections as and when required
- Support with CCTV Enquiries
- An eye for detail, team player, adaptable, confident communicator.
- We are looking for someone who has experience commissioning products.
- Understanding electrical systems is essential.
- Driving license
- Carried out Site Acceptance Tests
- Familiar with UTC and preferably MOVA
- Understanding of controller specifications
- Technically competent fault finding, wiring electronics, etc
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (Depending on Experience) + an additional payment of £5,000 for out of hours work.